12.14.2011

Moss garden

So I live in what some call the snow capital of the North East the idea of months of complete winter makes me a bit sad!  Okay...{really sad}... I'm a sun and warm weather kind of gal!

I decided to take matters into my own hands to bring beautiful dashes of green into our home this winter.  I love the look of moss and decided snuggle moss from our yard in a planter.
Where did all of that dirt come from?  I found that a fork and spoon where the ideal size for this planter.
The moss I collected has sprigs of grass and little lawn weeds.  I love how they add spice to the fluffy moss.  I've been nursing the plant on the left since I rescued it from Wegmans years ago.  Don't get me wrong Wegmans is amongst my favorite places but the plant didn't look healthy there.  I'm not sure what it is.  Any ideas?
This beautiful moss creation now lives in our bathroom.  The added moisture keeps it happy.  And the best part is... we'll still have a little grass to cut all winter long!
I hope you have time before the snow flies to add some green to your home.  This project is so simple, easy to care for and will be a beautiful addition to your home this winter and beyond.  Comment below if you need tips.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to make one this week! Have you seen any of these cute plant pots at any stores recently? Maybe I'll try hobby lobby tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete